I got this idea from my very favorite blogger friend and also wonderful Friend In Real Life, Amber, at A Little Pink in the Cornfields.
1. How do you take your coffee on an average day? How do you like your coffee if you’re splurging?
I start my day off with instant coffee! How bad is that? Because although I have a coffee maker, I am too lazy and I prefer spooning instant coffee crystals into a cup & then boiling a kettle of water! And I am a black coffee girl. If I am splurging, I like to get a chocolate coffee cooler at Caribou.
2. What is your genre of books to read?
These cute book plates are available here by my favorite illustrator, Anne Keenan Higgins.
First and foremost, chick lit, women’s fiction, and young adult. Then I also adore reading memoirs, and also some history—history of rich people & socialites in particular. Also, sometimes I like reading about true crime & crimes of passion—I am always curious what motivates someone to kill their spouse or lover.
3. Where do you want to retire, if you could go anywhere?
I would love to live in Hawaii when I am old & retired, but also have a huge love of the Laguna Beach/Newport Beach, CA area. And most recently have fallen in love with Mackinac Island in Michigan. So maybe in the summer I would have a condo in Mackinac and then spend the rest of my time in Southern California or Hawaii. Sounds good, right?
4. The 17-year-old you is told to write a 10-minute speech. What topic would you have picked?
17-year-old me DID have to write & give a speech in my speech class junior year. My speech was on the effect of different colors on people and the psychology of color.
5. What word describes you best?
6. What is the next “event” that you are looking forward to? (ex.: vacation, moving, date, job change, etc)
I am going to West Des Moines, Iowa this weekend, my old hometown, and I have made plans with about 7 different friends. I can’t wait to see them all and hope I am able to squeeze in time with everyone.
7. Do you like to discuss controversial topics or do you prefer to avoid those types of conversations?
I used to have a guy friend that I would argue politics with, but really I don’t like getting into anything too touchy or sensitive or inflammatory. In other words, I don’t especially like to argue. Let’s all get along!
8. Would you rather add 4 free hours to each day, or add 1 extra day to the week?
I would take the extra day as long as it was considered a WEEKEND day to relax and have fun. No work allowed.
9. If you created a sports team; what would your colors and mascot be?
Mascot would be a Siamese cat or a Pug—ha ha
Colors would be pink & green
10. If you had to be a teacher, what subject would you teach?
I would probably teach English, history or art – all classes that I was good in. No science or math for this would-be teacher!