Tuesday, August 4, 2015

Catching Up - the Summer of 2015


August 4th! I don’t know where the time has gone; all I know is I have not updated my little blog since Easter which was ages ago, April 5th to be exact. And summer is half over. I will just have to play catch-up and probably the easiest way to do that is through photos—since pictures are worth a 1,000 words! I believe that sometimes!


The third week in April Eric and I flew to Tallahassee, Florida and from there drove to our vacation cottage in Seaside, Florida, which is one of the most charming towns I have ever seen. While you can drive there and definitely still drive around, it is a much more pedestrian and bicycle friendly town. We walked to the beach and around town, and our cottage came with two bicycles. It is a planned community with no chain hotels or chain stores and you can see this town in the movie, The Truman Show. I hope to go back to Seaside and bring my dogs!
Beach Cottage

Bikes Included with Cottage

Palm Trees & Moonlight

I visited the grilled cheese food truck every single day!

In May I did the No Kill Walk for Animals with my usual team, the Frasier Furs. We raised money for Animal Ark, a no-kill shelter in Hastings, Minnesota.



My Team


 May also saw me driving to Iowa to see my mom and brother – a belated Mother’s Day and Memorial Day trip. Eric and I took the scenic route driving through Minnesota on the way down and then back up on the Wisconsin side of the Mississippi River on the way back. Leisurely!



visiting my brother in Iowa







I also had a jewelry party in May; a Stella and Dot party with my friend, Amber, who was the stylist.

My fabulous jewelry party!





June was my girls’ weekend trip to New York City with one of my best friends, Donna. We went on the Sex and the City tour and saw Wicked, which between walking everywhere pretty much took up our whole weekend. Probably we could have used one more day there! Next time.



Sex and the City Tour with my Bestie

In front of Carrie Bradshaw's apartment!




July was our road trip to New Hampshire with the dogs to see Eric's family.  We drove from Wisconsin to Indiana the first night and then the following day we drove to Upstate New York and spent the night, and then the next day we made it to New Hampshire for the 4th of July weekend. On the way back we made it to Ohio the first night and then home by the second. It is a crazy, long drive but I recommend doing it just once to say I did it. But flying is better!



On the road somewhere in Indiana

Perfect drink on a perfect day in Salem, Mass.

On the boat on the 4th of July

This is a really long car ride!



That brings me up to date. Now it is August and our next trip is in a couple of weeks. We are off to Mackinac Island! Let me just say, I left out a million pictures and could say so much more.  Next time, I just better stay current!  My summer has been actually more exciting than I made it sound.  I was a little bit of a hurry to whip out this post. 


Happy August!












No comments: