Thursday, April 1, 2010

Happy April!

I am so glad that the month of March is over. It is no secret that I think March is my unlucky month and so now I can breathe a sigh of relief that it is over and nothing too bad happened to me personally. Phew!

Plus, oh, my gosh, the weather has been so gorgeous all week. We are in the 70s for the last week of March and the first week of April - wowee!

Anyhow, I just have to make it through April Fool's Day. I hate the practical joke aspect of this day and being a receptionist, you are just kind of waiting for that one prank call to come in. From Janet at Slice of Pink I learned how the French celebrate April 1st - with fish-shaped chocolates and pastries. Now that is a celebration I can get on board with!

So I don't want anyone playing any jokes on me, but my Facebook status this morning and my blog post over at my other blog might have been a little jokey! Check it out!

And then leave me alone! No tricks!!!

From Chloe I got a Lemon Cake Cookie recipe:

Easy Lemon Cookies

INGREDIENTS:

1 package of lemon cake mix
2 eggs
1/3 cup vegetable oil
1 tsp lemon extract
1/3 cup confectioner's sugar

DIRECTIONS:

Preheat oven to 375 degrees
Pour cake mix into a large mixing bowl. Stir in eggs, oil and lemon extract until well blended. Drop teaspoonfuls of dough into a bowl of confectioner's sugar. Roll cookies until they are lightly covered in sugar. Once sugared, put on ungreased cookie sheet.
Bake 6 to 9 minutes in preheated oven.

Basic cake mix cookie with a twist!

Random thought - when will the Weather Pixie be back? It is a gorgeous day and I want to see what she is wearing!

And I took a pictures of my outfit this morning.



Floral dress from Nordstrom
Leggings Charlotte Russe
Purse Coach 2009 (the Leah bag)
Boots DSW

Happy April!!! Happy Spring!!

2 comments:

Michelle said...

I hate April Fools jokes. I always fear that I'm either about to be taken for a fool or be insensitive so I am anti-social on this day.

Our outfit is gorgeous.

Lesli said...

Someone prank called me about an hour ago. Gah!!!! Stupid holiday. It didn't keep me from changing my Facebook status from married to single, but still just let me get home before anyone else plays a joke on me! I think I am safe with my husband & pets--ha ha!

My word verification is swap ho. That's funny!!!