Monday, April 19, 2010

Prom Dresses & Volunteerism


Last Friday, I volunteered at Richfield High School for Ever After Gowns. This is my 3rd year of doing this event.

Here is a little bit about the organization.

Ever After Gowns is a Minnesota-based, non-profit organization dedicated to supporting Twin Cities-area young women by providing them with gently used formal gowns to be worn to their high school prom. The young women receive all the attire and accessories free of charge.

Started by a group of sorority sisters who saw a real need in the community, Ever After Gowns provides a “personal shopping” experience for young women (pre-selected by their high school guidance counselors, based on financial need) and offers them the opportunity to select from an amazing array of gowns. The gown they choose is theirs to keep, free of charge. There is a wide range of gowns for all tastes and sizes, as well as shoes, jewelry and other accessories.

And here are some pix from this year



Me, on the right



Modeling




I LOVED this pink dress!

4 comments:

Archie and Melissa said...

hi lesli!
thank you so much for saying hello on my bog today!
it is so nice to meet you!
:) melissa and emmitt

Cathy said...

OH man! I have a bridesmaids dress that I was thinking I should donate to one of these things. I'll have to check out Ever After Gowns!

Kristie said...

That pink dress is so you!

Lucy said...

How fun! I tried to volunteer for something similar here in Chicago, but they never got back to me. Boo!