My vegan idol, Alicia Silverstone. You should get her book if you haven't already, The Kind Diet.
1. What is a food that you never thought you would try, but then tried and liked?
Some friends convinced me to try the food at an Indian restaurant. I still do NOT like Indian cuisine though!
2. Do you subscribe to any foodie publications? If so, which ones
My husband gets one, I think it is Cooking Like or Healthy Cooking or something like that, but I never look at it.
3. What ingredient do you find yourself reaching for the most when you cook? I like to add pepper to everything!
4. Are there any foods that you hated as a child, but then learned to like as an adult? No, actually the foods I liked as a child I still like. I do not have a very sophisticated palate! And the foods I hated – like red meat – I still hate!
5. What do you like to eat that others may consider weird? First of all, I am a vegetarian and I know a lot of people think that is weird, but it is something I am passionate about and it is not just a phase. I have been a vegetarian since I was 6. Secondly, I love mushrooms, beets and olives—and so I know a lot of people don’t like those things! I also love tofu.
6. What is the weirdest ingredient you’ve ever cooked with? I guess tofu.
7. Do you have any major food allergies? No, although sometimes wine makes me sneeze & that makes me wonder if I am allergic to grapes!
8. Is there an ingredient that you would like to cook with, but are intimidated to try? Saffron and truffle oil because they sound glamorous and rich and exotic.
9. Do you bake? I love to bake. In high school, I baked a lot and that is when I really learned. Baking is so much more fun than cooking.
10. If you could go on any “foodie” show to compete, which one would it be, and why? Cupcake Wars!
here and here.