Tuesday, May 31, 2011

Happy Memorial Weekend!



This is a little bit of a belated post, but I hope everyone had a lovely extended weekend!  Shockingly, I went into the weekend with no plans to speak of and no travel plans, but I still ended up doing something fun every day.

Saturday I waffled between driving to Iowa to take my mom out for lunch or driving an hour north to the outlet mall in Albertville.  The outlet mall won out; sorry, Mom!   Eric and I had lunch at Boston's Gourmet Pizza in Maple Grove (wine and cranberry pecan salad for me) and then we hit Nordstrom Rack where I scored a cute pair of flip flops and some Pink Sugar perfume at half price!  Half price I tell you!   Last week, I paid full price at the regular Nordstrom, so from now on I think I need to check Nordstrom Rack although I am not sure that they always carry Pink Sugar. 

Then we proceeded on to the outlet mall where Eric bought me a really cute black skirt embellished at the hem with a black & white polka dot flower.  It is really cute!  Then we did some boring guy shopping at the Levi Store and the Nike Store  - yawn!!  :-) 

At Bath and Body Works I found a couple of very adorable car air fresheners shaped like turtles. I got a yellow one for Buttercup and a purple one for Daisy. The yellow is a peach bellini fragrance and the purple one is coconut.   Also some strawberry anti-bacterial soap, small enough for my purse, and then a bottle of Coconut shower gel. 



I also got a couple of peanut butter oatmeal cookies at Mrs. Fields.  It was a successful outlet mall shopping day!

Sunday, Eric had golf so I met my friend Sara at Starbucks at the Galleria in Edina and we talked FOREVER.  I had Tazo Tea Lemonade in Passion Fruit.  2 of them.  It was good to catch up with Sara.

Then Monday I went to see "Bridesmaids" with my friend, Donna and her younger sister, Megan.  We saw it at the West End in St. Louis Park where we had VIP seating.  I had white wine and chips and onion dip.  The movie was really pretty funny, made more so by the two glasses of wine, I think.   I highly recommend seeing all movies at the West End in VIP!

I also planted some things to remember two of my best friends who are no longer with me.  I like to do this every Memorial Day to remember my dad and my cat, Chloe.  This year I planted an orange geranium in memory of my dad and for Chloe, catnip, of course!

So that's it for my weekend--it was lovely.  Now back at the office on a Tuesday, but it seems like a Monday, but thank goodness it is not! 









Read more here and here.

3 comments:

Amber @ A Little Pink in the Cornfields said...

Oooh, wine while seeing a movie would be lovely! I wish we had something like that here...

Shoshanah said...

I love those Passion Fruit Tea Lemonades! I haven't had one yet this summer, and now of course want to have one immediately!

Jen said...

Leslie,
Your petunias are lovely! I wanted red petunias so I could do my back deck annuals in all red this year but they looked really bad at the store. I did find a beautiful red daisy plant that will live when I bring my planter in for the winter though.